Wednesday, March 6, 2013

One for the Women of History

Image via Amazon.com.


The Duchess 

PG-13, 2008

     This movie wasn't the most interesting movie I have ever seen, but it was very well done and worth the time to watch. The acting, costumes, story line and everything was great. I just felt trapped with the main character and wish there would have been some way to live happily then. I think that was one of the points of the movie, to show how women used to be treated. I highly recommend this movie to any who like historical dramas and women's issues in society. 

I wouldn't suggest this movie for anyone less than the age of 15, due to the mild sex scene between the Duchess and her out-of-wedlock lover. I don't consider this movie for immature audiences, due to the lack of interest I believe they would have for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment